NEW MLS POLICY 8.0 - Jan 1st
Within (1) one business day of marketing a property to the public, the listing broker must submit the listing to the MLS for cooperation with other MLS participants.
Public marketing includes, but is not limited to, flyers displayed in windows, digital marketing of public facing websites, yard signs, brokerage website displays (includes IDX and VOW), email blasts, multi-brokerage listing sharing networks, clubs and groups and applications available to the general public.
• There will be clear guidance on limited exposure (off-market) listings
• Efficient pro-competitive, pro-consumer marketplace
• Efficient compliance
• Sellers will still have the option to “not” list the property in MLS
• Sellers still have the right to “delay” mls entry for a short period, BUT under this new policy, the Coming Soon status would be used for this and NO PUBLIC MARKETING may take place; no showings, no syndication, no listing on other websites, IDX etc. Only MLS exposure to agents only.
• Commercial and Lease category listings not affected. Only Residential.