Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
The Arlington Board of REALTORS® (ARBOR) is committed to supporting and encouraging diversity, equity and inclusion in real estate. In this effort, the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee was established to promote, monitor and develop this mission.
The purpose of the Arlington Board of REALTORS® DEI Committee is to educate and engage our members and the communities we serve in ways that encourages awareness and understanding and promotes diversity at ARBOR and involvement in leadership opportunities in real estate programs and activities.
The DEI Committee will work in collaboration with the National Association of REALTORS®, Texas REALTORS® and other local organizations and associations through education, sponsorship, and communication endeavors to enhance awareness and inclusion across all demographics.
The Arlington Board of REALTORS® DEI Committee exists to advance the following goals:
- Increase participation among diverse ARBOR members at all levels of REALTOR® association involvement – local, State, and National.
- Encourage all qualified and interested members to pursue association leadership by helping clarify and communicate the process and value of being involved in the ARBOR leadership.
- Integrate key stakeholder diversity groups into the life and mission of ARBOR.
- Expand awareness of the diversity of REALTORS® among consumers and community groups.
- Ensure that any perceived or real barriers of entry to home and property ownership are removed.
- Initiate proactive recruiting outreach and efforts in minority communities.
- Have a positive impact on the cultural conversations in Arlington and across Texas related to diversity through education, exposure, and strategic partnerships.