To provide members with resources, programs and services necessary to conduct a professional and successful business; to promote a positive REALTOR image within the community; and to be the voice of real estate through advocacy of real property rights.
In 1908, real estate brokers began to formulate standards that would upgrade business practice behavior in their industry ... thus the CODE OF ETHICS began to be formulated that established the fiduciary relationship, self discipline and the protection of the public. In 1913, the Code was adopted ... in 1924, it was obligatory for REALTOR Membership.
"Under all is the land. Upon its wise utilization and widely allocated ownership depend the survival and growth of free institutions and of our ..........SO BEGINS THE PREAMBLE OF THE CODE OF ETHICS THAT ALL REALTOR PLEDGE THEMSELVES TO ABIDE BY.
It was back in the Fall of 1948 that a few interested real estate brokers in Arlington, recognized the need to develop professionalism in their industry. The group began work that culminated in the organization of the ARLINGTON BOARD OF REALTORS. On January 20, 1949, the big event took place at the Branding Iron Cafe on East Division, the first Officers were installed. Edgar Bird, President; D. M. Ramsey, Vice President; and Betty Nelson, Secretary-Treasurer. The other charter Members were Helen C. Wessler, R. J. Murray and Joe Elder.
Although few in number, this group was intrepid. They met every Friday at noon for lunch. Whatever they lacked, it wasn't "togetherness" or "consistency!" An occasional meeting was programmed with a speaker, and prospective members and interested business people were Invited.
Over 70 years later, ARBOR has over 2900 members and covers SE Tarrant County, Ellis County and Hill County. In February of 2007, ARBOR moved in to their new facilities of over 10,000 sq ft, after purchasing the land and going through the construction process. The new facilities offer rental facilities, lease-space for businesses and comfortable event and classroom settings.
In 2016, the Arlington Board of Realtors merged and acquired territory and members of the Ellis Hill county areas. This added approx 400 members. In addition, in 2017, we opened a convenient Member Service Center in Waxahachie Texas for member services and training.
Today, the Association of REALTORS is one of the largest trade associations in the nation. To keep the Association strong, it's the duty of each REALTOR Member to be sure the Code of Ethics is enforced.