Our Facility

Facility Features

  • Large Event Rooms
  • Room Rentals
  • Computer Training Lab
  • Conference Rooms
  • Board Offices
  • REALTOR Store
  • Ample Parking
  • Wi-Fi Internet

Quick Links

Our Location


View Larger Map

About Us

Mission Statement

To provide members with resources, programs and services necessary to conduct a professional and successful business; to promote a positive REALTOR image within the community; and to be the voice of real estate through advocacy of real property rights.

Leadership Our volunteer leadership works to steer the Board to membership based goals
   
Staff Our staff implements the directives of the leadership and supports our membership
   
History Over 60 years of service to the Arlington community
   
Location Locate and get directions to ARBOR
   
Committees All volunteer committees work to fulfill our leaderships goals
   
Facility Rental We have a great facility with large Event Rooms for members and the public
   
Community Service Our Community Service committee help local groups and citizens
   
Photogallery View photos of recent and past events
   

 

History

In 1908, real estate brokers began to formulate standards that would upgrade business practice behavior in their industry ... thus the CODE OF ETHICS began to be formulated that established the fiduciary relationship, self discipline and the protection of the public. In 1913, the Code was adopted ... in 1924, it was obligatory for REALTOR Membership.

"Under all is the land. Upon its wise utilization and widely allocated ownership depend the survival and growth of free institutions and of our ..........SO BEGINS THE PREAMBLE OF THE CODE OF ETHICS THAT ALL REALTOR PLEDGE THEMSELVES TO ABIDE BY.

It was back in the Fall of 1948 that a few interested real estate brokers in Arlington, recognized the need to develop professionalism in their industry. The group began work that culminated in the organization of the ARLINGTON BOARD OF REALTORS. On January 20, 1949, the big event took place at the Branding Iron Cafe on East Division, the first Officers were installed. Edgar Bird, President; D. M. Ramsey, Vice President; and Betty Nelson, Secretary-Treasurer. The other charter Members were Helen C. Wessler, R. J. Murray and Joe Elder.

Although few in number, this group was intrepid. They met every Friday at noon for lunch. Whatever they lacked, it wasn't "togetherness" or "consistency!" An occasional meeting was programmed with a speaker, and prospective members and interested business people were Invited.

Over 60 years later, ARBOR has over 1800 members and covers SE Tarrant County. In February of 2007, ARBOR moved in to their new facilities of over 10,000 sq ft, after purchasing the land and going through the construction process. These new facilities will offer  room for expansion and growth for many years to come.

Today, the Association of REALTORS is one of the largest trade associations in the nation. To keep the Association strong, it's the duty of each REALTOR Member to be sure the Code of Ethics is enforced.